Hayden Quinn’s Eye Fillet with Creamy Spinach & Sorell "Salad"
- 4 x Our Cow Eye Fillet
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Sea salt, to season
- 2 tbs salted butter
- 2 leek, washed and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard - washed and trimmed, roughly chopped
- 2 bunches sorrel, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Finely grated parmesan, to taste
- Zest and juice from half lemon
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch dill, cut in 1cm chunk
- 1 bunch parsley, cut in 1cm chunks
*remaining sorrel - fresh on top
Place a large frypan over medium high heat with butter and leek, cook until the leek begins to soften and then add the garlic. Cook until aromatic. Add the Swiss chard in batches first adding the stalks of the chard to the heat and cook for 1-2mins, pour over the cream, stir through and then top with the chard leaves and also the sorrel. Remove from heat and cover with foil and tea-towel. Set aside until ready to finish and serve.
Heat BBQ over high high heat. Ensure steaks are at room temperature. Oil steak all over and then season generously with sea salt. Cook steaks for approximately 2-3mins on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and allow to rest while finishing the salad.
Uncover the spinach and sorrel mix and gently remove to a large serving bowl or platter. Pour over all the cream and then finish with a layer of grated parmesan, then herbs and sorrel, zest of the lemon and a drizzle of olive oil.
Serve to the table and enjoy!