Giant Lamb Shanks
- 2 x Our Cow giant lamb shanks
- 2 x Sticks celery, diced
- 1 x Large brown onion, diced
- 2 x Carrots, diced
- 1 x Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1x Tablespoon pomegranate molasses (not juice if you can avoid it! If you can't find molasses, just omit it; it gives it a nice tang)
- 1 x Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 x Beef stock cubes, crumbled
- 1 x Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Cup red wine
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
Add the lamb shanks, celery, onion, carrots and minced garlic into a large oven proof dish that's suitable for the stovetop (or use a large saucepan or frypan). Add some olive oil and heat until the shanks get some colour (but don't let the garlic burn - add it in last!).
Mix together in a jug or bowl the pomegranate molasses, tomato paste, beef stock cubes, balsamic vinegar and red wine. Pour the mixture over the shanks.
Add the chopped tomatoes on top, and put the lid on.
Put the whole dish in the oven on 170 degrees for about 4 hours. Bask in the heavenly smell in the house!
Cook and add some veggies of your choosing - potato mash is a must with dish, and add some green beans, peas and anything else that takes your fancy!