Is grass fed beef better for you?
The short answer is YES! There are numerous articles around the pros and cons of grass fed versus grain fed beef and the impact on our health.
Here are 6 key factors why grass fed beef is simply better for you, your health and the environment:
- Grass fed beef is roughly 65% lower in total fat in comparison with grain fed beef plus its much higher in beta-carotene, which has proven anti-cancer properties.
- Grass fed beef is higher in CLA, which is a key anti-cancer fat
- Grass fed beef is 4 times higher in vitamin E which is fantastic for cardiovascular health and cancer fighting properties.
- Grass fed beef is approximately 5 times higher in Omega-3 fats which are great for your heart health and promote a better mood – being healthy makes you happy!!
- Grass fed beef has a better Omega 6 to Omega 3 fatty acid ratio, this means a healthier heart, a better mood, reduced chance of obesity and cancer!
- Lower in the specific saturated fats, palmitic acid and myristic acid, that are linked with heart disease.
Grass fed beef also contains about four times more anti-cancer selenium, which may also improve your mood; and Lower in trans fats, which promotes cardiovascular disease, cancer, anxiety and depression.
We understand that quality grass fed meat isn't as cheap as the mass produced grain fed varieties. But what price do you put on your health?
We believe eating better quality meat is better for you, your health and the environment.
Read more about the health & environmental benefits of red meat here.
Win a $200 Our Cow Meat Box!
Subscribe to Our Cow for your chance to win a $200 meat box!
*T&Cs apply. Prize winners will be announced every 2 weeks in Our Cow promotional emails. Simply enter your email address to go in the draw to win.