Terms and Conditions
This is our website, www.ourcow.com.au, and we are Our Cow ABN 59 715 116 992. You might also find us through social media channels.
Please read these terms carefully and if you don’t agree with these terms, cease use of our site immediately.
These terms can be varied at our total discretion at any point in time, by publishing a new set of terms on this, our website. You should check our site regularly to ensure you’re up to speed on our current terms.
The content on this site will also be changed at any time without notice. Whilst we will do our best, we do not guarantee that our site will be kept up-to-date and deny all liability in relation to any inaccuracies as to the content on this site.
By visiting our site you are being granted a license to access this site only in accordance with these terms. This license is non-exclusive, royalty free, revocable at any time, worldwide, non-transferable and non-assignable. Any use of the content outside of this license is totally prohibited unless you have our consent in writing, addressed to you personally.
Whilst using our website or the information received from it, you must not in any way shape or form do anything that is unlawful, illegal, or otherwise prohibited by law, or anything which we consider improper, or that might bring us into disrepute, including but not limited to;
tampering with or modifying our Site, knowingly transmitting viruses or other disabling features, or damaging or interfering with our site, including using trojan, worms, other viruses or piracy or programming routines that may damage or interfere with our site;
Interfering with any user on our site;
Any attempt to directly access the server for our site;
Assisting any third party to do any element of the above.
You are also forbidden from using our site, particularly the content thereof, in any way that competes with our business including the use of our content for price matching or comparison websites, whether by manual means or digitally assisted, including the use of web scraping or web crawling software.
Similarly, the Content of this site is protected as our Intellectual Property. Any content herein is owned by us and your use of the content does not grant you any rights or interest in same. You must not;
copy or use, in whole or in part, any Content;
reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any Content to any third party; or
breach any intellectual property rights connected with our Site or the Content, including (without limitation) altering or modifying any of the Content, causing any of the Content to be framed or embedded in another website or platform, or creating derivative works from the Content.
Our site may contain links to external websites. We do not endorse, approve or control these external sites and are not responsible for the content on those sites.
We may without notice and at any point in time, cease operating this website partially or completely. We may also block, ban or exclude any user from our site in our absolute discretion. We are not responsible for any liability you may allege arising from or in connection with any such cessation of this site.
We make no representations or warranties about our site or the content of same, including as to the completeness, accuracy, or suitability of content. We do not warrant that access to our site will be uninterrupted, error-free or free from viruses; or the security of our site.
You access, read, use and act on our site and its content at your own risk.
Without purporting to act outside of any relevant law we are not responsible for any liability, loss, expense or damage, arising in any manner at any time, suffered by you, a related entity or agent, or a third party, from the use of our site or the content within it. This exclusion of liability covers all issues arising out of the site or its content including but not limited to;
interruption or outage on the site;
any loss or corruption of site data;
or that the information and content of the site is incorrect or inaccurate.
Should a part of these terms be found to be void, invalid, illegal or otherwise of null-effect, that provision may be read down in order to allow a meaning to be derived and the part enforced. If reading down a provision is not possible, that part can be struck-though and removed from these terms.
In the unlikely event of a dispute arising from the use of this site or these Terms, you should write to us, giving us the details of the dispute and proposing a resolution. If we are seeking to raise a dispute, we will do the same to you. Within 14 days of this notice of a dispute, both parties should meet (whether by phone, video conference or in person) to make a genuine attempt to resolve the dispute or agree on a path to resolving the dispute. If the dispute is not resolved within 28 days of the notice of dispute, either party may refer the dispute for litigation.
Your use of our site, the content and these terms is governed by the law of New South Wales and without reservation submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that state, waiving the right to object to proceedings being brought in these courts.
Although our site may be accessed from anywhere in the world, we make no representations that our site complies with the laws of anywhere outside of Australia. Where you access our site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are entirely responsible for ensuring your compliance with the laws of your local jurisdiction.
Terms of Sale
When ordering from our site, you agree to these terms of sale regarding our products.
You can order Products from us in two ways;
- as ordinary, individual orders currently called ‘Bulk beef boxes’ ; or
- by subscribing to one of our ‘Monthly Meat Club’ order plans.
We provide recurring order plans called ‘Monthly Meat Club’ where we offer a variety of subscription plans of different sizes and compositions for the recurring delivery of our Products and may offer add-ons or one-time Products for sale.
When you purchase a Monthly Meat Club subscription, you acknowledge and agree:
- Our Cow (via our third-party payment processor) is authorised to charge you on a monthly basis for the price of your chosen subscription for as long as your subscription continues; and
- Your subscription runs continuously until you cancel it, or we suspend or terminate the subscription.
- You can cancel your order at any time, with 14 days notice to us. This means that if your usual monthly order is processed on the 28thof each month then you would need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0413 782 146 and cancel your order before the 15thday of that same month. If you have a weekly payment option and have paid in part for a monthly order we can refund the partial payment or arrange for a smaller delivery at our discretion.
- As we raise, slaughter and butcher the cattle needed to produce Monthly Meat Club boxes it is essential we keep this 14 day notice period to ensure the precious resource of these cattle is not wasted.
- If a cancellation order is received less than 14 days before your order is due to be processed, then your cancellation will take effect after such order is processed.
(b) Individual orders
Our Product offerings and available order plans are described on our website as applicable, at the time of purchase, and are subject to change at any time prior to purchase.
Individual orders will be processed immediately. If you wish to cancel an order of a Bulk Beef box, please call us immediately and if we have not processed or prepared order we may cancel your order but this is at our total discretion.
Payment and Billing Information
By providing a credit card or other payment method that we accept, you represent and warrant that you are authorised to use the designated payment method and that you authorise us (or our third party payment provider) to charge your payment method for all charges you incur for the purchase of any Subscriptions or other Products (each such purchase, an “Order”). You are responsible for, and agree to pay, all such charges. If we or our third party payment processor cannot obtain authorisation for charges to your payment method or if any amounts you authorise us to charge to your payment method are reversed or charged back for any reason, we may, at our option, in addition to any other remedies: cancel or suspend any undelivered portion of your Orders, make second and/or subsequent attempts to charge your payment method, and/or use any other lawful means to collect payment on any outstanding amounts due to us. You will remain responsible to pay all applicable charges for all Orders. You agree to provide and keep current a valid payment method. However, your failure to do so shall not constitute cancellation of any Order. In the event you want to change or update payment information associated with your Our Cow account, you can do so at any time by logging into your account and editing your payment information.
Pricing and Availability
We reserve the right to change our Monthly Meat Club boxes, Bulk Beef boxes and any other Product we might offer, and to adjust prices as we may determine in our absolute discretion, at any time and without specific notice to you.
But, if we change the content, amounts, or other charges associated with your then-current Monthly Meat Club subscription we will provide advance notice of those changes via one of the communication methods you have provided to us. Notice of these changes will be given 21 days prior to the date an order is due to be processed in order to give you an opportunity to cancel your order. If no reply is received from you, we will send a second reminder at 14 days prior to the date an order is due to be processed to confirm your order will be sent out as amended per the notice given.
Our Products are transported direct from the butcher’s facility in a refrigerated truck to the delivery address. If you are home to take delivery that is ideal, otherwise left on the customers door step or other safe delivery space you give us in the delivery instructions. Our delivery driver will send you a text to your nominated mobile number before the delivery as well as after delivery is complete.
Once that product is delivered it is at your risk. You should consider the all risks including from the Sun, Weather, thievery and wildlife. We rely on you to plan to deal with the impacts of seasons, high-temperature weather, storms or other issues local to your area and cannot be responsible for the impact of these. Whilst our delivery boxes are ‘Chilltainers’ – designed to stay chilled, you should always strive to reduce the amount of time a delivery is exposed to high temperatures or the elements.
If you are not available to accept the delivery, you are responsible for the security of the nominated safe delivery location and we cannot accept any damage or loss that occurs as a result of our delivery to that location.
You are responsible for inspecting all Products you receive from us for any damage or other issues upon delivery. Also, you are solely responsible for determining the freshness of the Products you receive. You should always inspect your delivery to confirm that the ingredients arrive in a cool, refrigerated condition.
We recommend that you use a thermometer to ensure that the temperature within the container in which any meat is located is 5°C or below. In the unlikely event that such temperature is above 5°C, or you have any other reason to believe that any other Product in your delivery is not suitable for consumption, contact us at email@example.com (attaching photos of the item(s)) and discard the item(s). To maintain the quality and integrity of the Products, we recommend that you immediately refrigerate all perishable Products upon delivery.
After delivery, the condition and consumption of the Products are totally at your risk, and you are solely responsible for the proper and safe washing, handling, preparation, storage, cooking, use and consumption of the Products following delivery.
We recommend that you follow the NSW Government Food Authority instructions on safe food handling. Failure to follow safe food handling practices and temperature recommendations may increase the risk of foodborne illness. In addition, pregnant women, young children, the elderly and individuals with compromised immune systems should closely follow NSW Government Food Authority recommendations on food consumption for at-risk groups.
Returns and Refunds
(a) Standard Return/Refund Policy
- We are shipping perishable Products and therefore are not able to accept returns. Unlike items that have a longer shelf life, items that are perishable cannot be restocked or resold.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your Our Cow box for good reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org seven (3) days of receipt. We will happily review your order and any reported issues and offer an appropriate resolution which may include replacement of the Product in question, credit towards your next box, or a partial/full refund. Since we are not able to physically access the product, we may ask that you provide photos of the Product label and damage reported.
- We guarantee delivery to the address provided when the order is placed/shipped and when retrieved on the guaranteed delivery date.
- Due to the perishable nature of our Product, we cannot guarantee the condition of the delivery if the address is incorrectly entered, if a change of address isn’t updated prior to the invoice date, if an address is altered while in transit, or if you are unable to retrieve the order on the guaranteed delivery date and did not notify us prior to the order being invoiced.
- When placing your order, please enter your shipping address carefully to ensure accuracy and review your receipt/account for any errors. If you enter the shipping address incorrectly when the order is placed, please email email@example.com immediately for correction. Should your shipping address change, please update your address prior to the invoice date either via your account or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your order is returned to us because of an incorrect address provided or refusal of delivery when shipped according to our terms and conditions, we must dispose of the contents and you will not be refunded. In the event an order is delivered late due to an incorrect address or if you are unable to retrieve on the delivery date without prior notification and thawing/damage occurs, you will not be refunded.
(b) Return/Refund Policy for Cancelled Orders
You are liable for any orders placed or charges that incur prior to the cancellation request. If the request for cancellation is made after your order has invoiced, the request will be processed for the next scheduled invoice.
Our liability is limited only to that arising from the preparation, refrigeration and delivery of the product in accordance with the above terms. Any loss, damage or injury that occurs because of events beyond our competent preparation, refrigeration and delivery of the product is solely at your risk and we take no responsibility and deny any liability arising out of such event.
If you still have any questions or want to raise a concern, please contact us at:
0413 782 146
Email us through our contact form
Our Cow ABN 59 715 116 992
Last updated; 17 June 2019.